- Currumbin waterfalls: how to explore Cougal Cascades & Currumbin Rock Pool
Planning a visit to Currumbin waterfalls? Our experience will help you prepare your day out and know what to expect, whether you’re an adventurer or a family with young kids!
- 14 beautiful rock pools near Brisbane: refresh in natural swimming holes
We’re lucky to have quite a few rock pools near Brisbane to choose from: what a fun way to enjoy time out in nature on a hot summer day!
- Tips to walk to the beautiful Cedar Creek Waterfall (Samford)
Cedar Creek is lovely and easy to access. But if you want to see Cedar Creek Waterfall, don’t trust Google Maps: you’ll have to walk!
- 10 exciting weekend ideas to go scuba diving from Brisbane
Are you looking for a weekend away from Brisbane for scuba diving? Check out these 10 exciting destinations to plan your next trip!
- Tips to visit the beautiful Utopia Rock Pools in Mount Walsh National Park
We visited Utopia Rock Pools in Mount Walsh National Park at the end of our North Burnett road trip. Here are some tips to prepare for your visit!
- Walks in Auburn River National Park: Tips and how long they actually were
We did all the walks in Auburn River National Park, and we were surprised by the times and level of difficulty indicated on the signs.
- Hiking Cania Gorge National Park: 2 days, 35 km
We spent two days hiking Cania Gorge National Park and exploring as many tracks as possible. Read tips to plan your trip and choose the best hikes.
- North Burnett road trip itinerary: 3 days, 3 national parks
Looking for a road trip from Brisbane to do during a long weekend and you love hiking? You’ll love our North Burnett road trip itinerary.
- Tips to plan your trip to Great Keppel Island (Wop-pa)
Whether you’re planning a long stay or just a day trip to Great Keppel Island, this article will help you organise your holidays.
- The best things to do on Great Keppel Island (Wop-pa) for nature lovers
There are so many things to do on Great Keppel Island that it can be overwhelming if your time is limited. Here’s a selection of our favourite activities.
- Mount Walsh National Park: a fun summit hike and lovely drive off the beaten track
You’ll need the right conditions and timing to visit Mount Walsh National Park if you plan to hike Mount Walsh summit. Learn from our experience!
- Coombabah Lake Conservation Park: see wild kangaroos and koalas on the Gold Coast
We had a fantastic time exploring Coombabah Lake Conservation Park on the Gold Coast, with wild koalas and kangaroos!
- The 25 best places where to see wildlife in Australia
After living in Australia for 10+ years, I’ve made a list of the best places where to see wildlife in Australia. A trip to Australia isn’t complete without seeing wildlife!
- HMAS Tobruk dive from Hervey Bay: tips and what to expect
The HMAS Tobruk wreck is one of the most popular dives in Hervey Bay. Our experience will help you plan your HMAS Tobruk dive from Hervey Bay.
- Pages Pinnacle: test your limits on a beautiful razorback ridge
Tempted to hike Pages Pinnacle? Its razorback ridge makes it really special. If you’re wondering how hard it is, my experience will help.
- Tips to visit Somerset Lookout in D’Aguilar National Park
The Somerset Lookout in D’Aguilar National Park is stunning. You can access it by foot (13km return hike on the Somerset Trail) or by 4WD.
- Mount Blaine Summit Track: a short, rewarding adventure in Ipswich
If you’re looking for a short hike near Brisbane with a bit of a challenge, Mount Blaine Summit Track may be the perfect option for you. But only if you’re keen to scramble and don’t mind feeling off track.
- Gheerulla Valley Circuit (Mapleton National Park): why you should hike it (or not)
I was looking for a long hike to test my fitness when I found Gheerulla Valley Circuit in Mapleton National Park. It did not disappoint.
- Barron River rafting review: is it worth it? Things I wished I knew before going
For a half-day activity, whitewater rafting on the Barron River (Cairns) is expensive. Is it worth it? Yes, if you have the right expectations.
- Four ways to visit Zoe Bay and Zoe Falls on Hinchinbrook Island
Here’s some help to plan you visit to Zoe Bay and Zoe Falls on Hinchinbrook Island, incl. how to get there and the best season to explore the most picturesque place on the island.
- Learn about local Aboriginal culture on the Oceanview Walk (Burleigh Head National Park)
The easy Oceanview walk in Burleigh Head National Park offers stunning views and an opportunity to learn more about the local Aboriginal culture.
- Hinchinbrook Island: kayaking or hiking, what’s the best?
Unless you have a boat, you will have two options to visit Hinchinbrook Island: hiking or kayaking. Which one is the best?
- Manly to Spit Bridge walk: the best walk from Sydney CBD for nature lovers
Every time I am on the Manly to Spit Bridge walk, I am amazed by having stunning, accessible nature so close to a major city. Find out why.
- Exploring Sydney Harbour on a kayak: Manly North Harbour
Of the many ways to explore Sydney Harbour, kayaking is one of my favourites. We took a kayak from Manly to explore Sydney North Harbour and had a fabulous time.
- One night on Heron Island: is it worth it? Tips to maximise your short visit
Is it worth spending only one night on Heron Island? If you can’t afford to stay for longer, check out my tips to maximise your short visit.
- Why you should take a detour to visit Little Millstream Falls
Don’t judge them by their name: Little Millstream Falls are worth the detour on your Atherton Tablelands waterfall trip. Find out why.
- Whitewater rafting or river tubing while in Cairns? We tried both and…
Whitewater rafting and river tubing in Cairns are at the same time similar and very different experiences. Which one is the best for you?
- Cairns Waterfall Circuit: self-drive itinerary with a map to view waterfalls near Cairns without the crowd
A Cairns Waterfall Circuit self-drive itinerary is hard to plan: there are so many waterfalls near Cairns! Check out our favourite ones – without the crowd.
- Tips to hike along Christmas Creek to Westray’s Grave
Find your way to Westray’s Grave in a forest with spiky vines and venomous plants. I know it doesn’t sound inviting, but experienced hikers will love it!
- Conan Creek Waterfall: a hidden gem near Mount Barney
If you’re looking for an easy, quiet, yet rewarding long hike near Brisbane, Conan Creek Waterfall in the Scenic Rim might be the perfect option.
- Yellow Pinch Lookout: hike to the closest view of Mount Barney
The views from Yellow Pinch lookout don’t come without efforts. The short hike up to the lookout is steep. Is it worth it?
- Things to do in Mission Beach when you don’t have a car
We took a return bus from Cairns and had two days in Mission Beach without a car. We found many activities and things to do in Mission Beach.
- 7 things to do in Bargara and the Woongarra Coast for nature lovers
During our week in the Bundaberg region, we chose to stay on the coast as there are many things to do in Bargara to please nature lovers.
- Is it worth scuba diving Lady Musgrave Island on the Great Barrier Reef?
A trip to Lady Musgrave Island is expensive. Is scuba diving Lady Musgrave Island worth the extra spending? Not necessarily for everyone, but we loved it. Find out why.
- Canyoning in Cairns: tips to make the most of your adventure
Canyoning in Cairns felt very special. Learn from our experience with tips from picking the right adventure to choosing the right helmet!
- Purling Brook Falls Circuit: tips to enjoy your walk and avoid the crowd
Purling Brook Falls Circuit is one of the most popular spot to explore in the Gold Coast Hinterland. Here are some tips to enjoy your visit!
- Why we loved our visit to Bundaberg Botanic Gardens
We almost skipped Bundaberg Botanic Gardens, but it ended up being my favourite attraction in Bundaberg. Find out why!
- Barolin Rocks dive site: what to expect and tips to plan your dive
Bundaberg isn’t only about the outer Great Barrier Reef. Easily accessible from the shore, Barolin Rocks dive site was a great surprise; check it out!
- The best things to do in Cairns when you’re not on the Reef
Done exploring the Reef? There are plenty of fun things to do in Cairns for nature lovers, check them out! We had a blast!